Past Trends Influence Modern Fashion

www.pixabay.com

www.pixabay.com

Allison Hathaway, Writer

Over the past decade, modern society has been taking on past fashion trends. The late 1900s have fashion trends that are becoming more popular within the 2010s. There are at least six fashion trends from the late 20th century that are very common and are making an impact on the future of modern fashion.

Denim jackets are a major fashion trend from the ‘90s. They can be used for outfits that are girly, edgy, or even bohemian. They work in the winter and in the summer, and they are just perfect for every mood. They even make them to where they have patches on them. They can either be pre-ripped or just lightly frayed at the edges. These denim jackets come in many different washes and they can be shorter or longer in length. Another thing is that they can be oversized, and they look good with everything that you wear.

There is a trend that is the identical material of denim jackets, and that trend is known as “mom jeans.” Mom jeans come with a high rise to a super high rise, which is at the belly button or above. They are commonly found in thrift stores, and popular stores are also bringing this style back. These jeans come in different denim washes, and they can either be ankle length or cropped at the leg. Also, there are many popular brands of jeans that make mom jeans, and those include Levi’s, Wrangler, Jordache, Calvin Klein. They are super comfortable and extremely stylish with every outfit.

Chokers are a very popular trend right now, especially for teens. There are chokers that represent people of all styles, so whether you are girly, edgy, bold, vintage, or even bohemian, there are chokers out there for you. You can wear them for any occasion and with anything.  There are many different styles of chokers, too. Examples include velvet, tattoo, lace, fancy, pearl, denim, rubber, and leather chokers. They are very affordable and super trendy, and the best part is, they match everything in your closet. Chokers fit every neck size, so whether you have a bigger neck or a smaller neck, chokers are still able to work for you.

Another very popular trend that is from the last century is perfect for your hair, and was major in the ‘70s and ‘80s. This trendsetting hair accessory is known as a scrunchie and is perfect for your hair because they aren’t like actual hair ties, leaving dents in your hair. PLus, they come in a variety of colors. Scrunchies are really comfortable for wearing on your wrist. A lot of people tend to have hair ties on their wrists, and because of how tight they are, they are a hazard because they tend to cut off the blood circulation.

Turtlenecks are the last trend on this list. They were very popular within a variety of decades in the late 1900s. They are many colors as well as styles, and you can find turtlenecks at almost every clothing store, including thrift stores. Turtlenecks are perfect for people of all ages and all sizes. These shirts can come in many materials, they can be oversized, and they can also have different neck lengths.