First Lake Fenton Color Run Huge Success

Class+of+2020+Vice-President+Shiloh+Lichowit-Smith+releases+a+plume+of+orange+powdery+paint+on+a+runner.+The+Color+Run+was+the+first+of+hopefully+many+annual+fundraising+runs+to+come.+
Class of 2020 Vice-President Shiloh Lichowit-Smith releases a plume of orange powdery paint on a runner. The Color Run was the first of hopefully many annual fundraising runs to come.

Gage Terrian

Gage Terrian

Gage Terrian, Writer

On Saturday, November 18, 63 registered runners participated in the first ever Lake Fenton Color Run. The five-kilometer run was held at Lake Fenton High School by the Class of 2020.

Most of the runners participating were Lake Fenton students, but some parents and staff participated.

The run was held to help raise money for the 2019 prom, and the class successfully raised over $1,400- putting them just that much closer to their goal.

The first-place runner was sophomore Kyle Lewis, running a time of 21:25. When asked if he would participate in the run if it was held again next year, he said, “I really enjoyed the run and am looking forward to doing it next year.”

Another sophomore, Josh Mills, also had a similar opinion. “It was really fun but needed more color. I’ll definitely do it next year.”

Even the teacher in charge of the class of 2020, Katy Schurig, thought it went amazing. “It was a huge success, we had a blast.”  

After the run, some local businesses such as the Crust, Tim Hortons, and VG’s provided the runners with hot chocolate and donuts at no extra cost. Overall, the run was a huge success and many are looking forward to what the class of 2020 has in store for next year.