Lake Fenton Band Tin Can Raffle in Fourth Year

The+Tin+Can+Raffle+is+gearing+up+for+its+third+year+and+is+seeing+more+prizes+and+visitors.+Holiday+music+is+provided+while+guests+%E2%80%9Cshop%E2%80%9D+for+their+desired+prize.+
The Tin Can Raffle is gearing up for its third year and is seeing more prizes and visitors. Holiday music is provided while guests “shop” for their desired prize.

Ron Kopicko

Ron Kopicko

Allison Hathaway, Writer

Four years ago, Amy Kopicko brought the idea of the Tin Can Raffle to the Lake Fenton Music Boosters. The idea was approved, and this year, the 4th annual Tin Can Raffle is getting closer as the days go by. If you have no idea what the Tin Can Raffle is, no worries.  Kopicko was asked some questions in relation to what the Tin Can Raffle is and how it works:

What is the Tin Can Raffle?

“The Tin Can Raffle is a fundraiser that is organized to help

raise money for the Lake Fenton Music Boosters.”

When and where does the Tin Can Raffle take place?

“The Tin Can Raffle is at Lake Fenton High School in the commons area on Friday, December 1, from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., and on Saturday, December 2, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.”

What happens at this event?

“Participants will be buying raffle tickets based on three different price categories: $0.50, $1, and $2, and then they will be placing their tickets in the tin cans in front of the prize they want to win. While they are placing their tickets in the cans, they can enjoy holiday music by our very own band members and choir students, as well as Lake Fenton Band Alumni.”

What kinds of prizes could you win?

“You could win themed gift baskets-  such as a Marvel basket or a game night basket,  Red Wings hockey tickets, restaurant gift cards, a $200 gas card, or a 50-inch flat screen TV. We have approximately 175 different prizes.”

If you win a prize, how will you get it?

“Winners will be called on the following Sunday,December 3, and will be given a time window to come and pick up their prize at the high school.”