Prom Update

Prom is just around the corner. What are the details?

Emily Lemerand, Co Print Editor

Juniors and Seniors, make sure to mark your calendars on April 27, for the junior senior prom of 2019. This year, the venue will be held at Crystal Gardens Banquet Center in Howell, around a 30 minute drive from Lake Fenton High School.

Prom was critically and carefully planned by teacher, Ms. Schurig and the student council of 2020. In total, this years prom is going to cost around $26,000 which is $10-12,000 less than last years prom.

With this price, tickets are going to be $50 and $55 in the following week. With a prom ticket, you’ll be able to go down the red carpet, located at Crystal Gardens, eat dinner, and dance the night away at the One Enchanted Evening theme. Dinner is being served family style with chicken marsala, chicken parmesan, veggies, potatoes, bread, and salad will be served. Raspberry sorbet will be served as desert.

When should students attending prom be prepared? The time of the red carpet is to be announced, although students are expected to drive, or find a ride to prom. The dance itself goes 7-10PM and dinner is served promptly at 7:30PM. Students will not be allowed into prom after 7:15 and will not be able to leave before 10PM due to safety reasons.

Prom favors are different this year, being that approximately 60 gift cards are being bought to various places and all students will be entered into the raffle. Prom only happens once a year, and senior proms only happen once. Make sure to buy the tickets when they are being sold, to not miss out on a once in a lifetime dance.