Home for the Holiday’s

Community comes together to welcome local student home

Brinley+%28center%29%2C+runs+toward+the+crowd+of+people+cheering+her+on.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Home for the Holiday’s

Brinley (center), runs toward the crowd of people cheering her on.

Lo

Lo

Lo

Logan Shanafelt, Editor in Chief

Brinley Jungntisch, an 8 year old student at Lake Fenton, has defeated cancer two times, and recently has reigned over a third cancer battle. This time around, Brinley, her mother Jessica, and younger brother Diesel have all spent the past six months at St. Judes Hospital, in Memphis, Tennessee. 

Family friends Scott and Stacy Matthies, and Tom and Kayleen Evans heard about Brinley’s third victory and wanted to plan something special to welcome her home.
On Friday, December 20, the Jungntisch household was decorated with Holiday lights, the street was lit up with fire trucks, and police cars, all the while a community full of friends and family gathered alongside the road, cheering for the 8 year old.

“We did this in thought of Jessica’s late father. He would have been there decorating for his girls, and Diesel. He would have been there, helping us plan everything. Her dad was an amazing man and their biggest supporter,” explained the Matthies couple.  

For the first time in six months, the family gets to sleep in their own beds, and spend time at home. 

“It was amazing to see the community come together… Family, friends, and people that have never met her showed up with less than a 24 hour notice to rally for her,” said Stacy Matthies.