Intentions for 2020

What are your plans for this year?

Allison Hathaway, Writer

The year 2020 is finally upon us, meaning the beginning of a new decade. This time of the year is when people create goals or resolutions for themselves, whether they are big goals or small. For some people, all it takes is the tiniest goal in order to ignite the motivation for something within their life to change. However, not everyone makes resolutions or goals, and not everyone has something planned.

Most people have a general idea of what their year is going to look like, whether those goals involve sports, time, or something within their life. In most cases, these goals put people on the pathway of change. Lake Fenton Junior, Joey Gilbert, claimed that one of his goals is to “break our school’s 5k record time of 15:53,” which was set by Kyle Smith back in 2005. Sometimes the goals a person chooses will take plenty of time and dedication in order to achieve them. “I look forward to graduating so I can start fresh and begin working on my career path,” said Josie Beach, senior at Lake Fenton High School. Lake Fenton history teacher, Frank Dimich, “doesn’t believe in resolutions” because he “takes it one week at a time,” proving not everyone has goals.

Since this is the start of a new year, people are looking for changes within their appearance, which is beneficial because it could help them feel like a “different person.” For instance, Lake Fenton math teacher, Kirk Ayotte, stated that he “wants to go to the gym for about 4 days a week.” As a matter of fact, according to an article on WellSeek, people attempt to change the way that they look in order to feel more suitable within their own skin. However, individuals don’t need physical changes to feel satisfied with themselves. According to an article on www.lifehack.org, people don’t need to change their appearance, but all you need is some psychological changes, which would give you a completely different mindset. 

Whether someone is taking it day-by-day or they have plans for themselves, this year is the start of something new. Some people have major goals and some people are making tiny changes as time goes by. 2020 is not only the beginning of the new decade, but this year is the time where some people are planning to make their mark.